1. Local EventsOne of the best things that you can create content about on your real estate blog is local events. If you are just writing about houses and properties, you're missing out a golden opportunity. If you want to sell people on area, you need to promote the local culture and all of the events that take place there.
2. Write About a Sold PropertyInstead of only listing properties that are for sale on your website, you may also want to write some blog entries about sales experiences. This makes it look like you know what you're doing, and it also helps people understand the process better. If you have a first time home buyer story, this makes it that much more attractive.
3. How ToWriting a "How To" post is another good way to get some great content for your website. Whether you are writing about how to refinance your existing home, how to determine home value, or how to do a home improvement project, it can help with some great content.
4. ListsList posts are a great tool to use when creating content. For example, write an article about the "Top 5 Ways to..." or "Top 7 Mistakes New Homeowners Make." These posts are easy to read, and they really can get some attention from your readers.
5. Explain TerminologyYou should also be able to come up with some good blog posts explaining real estate terminology. There is a lot of industry jargon that regular people may not necessarily understand. If you can write some blog posts defining some of these words, you should be able to get some traffic.
6. Industry NewsWhile you want to focus on your local market as much as possible, it is also a good idea to occasionally write about some industry news. For instance, if you want to write about how the real estate market improved nationally last month, this might be some good subject matter.
7. Write About What You Want to AttractWhen writing content, you should write about the type of business that you want to secure. Don't write about selling multimillion dollar beach houses if your main customer is buying a townhouse in the city. You'll bring in more of what you focus on.
8. Include Some VideoInstead of always just writing more posts, you may also want to include some video content on your blog. For example, you could do a video walk-through of some of your properties and put the video up on your site. You could do a video of yourself talking about something relevant to the real estate industry or to home improvement.
Regardless of what you try, just make sure to keep your content fresh. This will go a long way toward helping your blog rank higher in the search engines and help you get some customers.
Guest Post by Ben SawyerBen Sawyer is an internet marketing consultant and a part time blogger. He is also a consultant and content contributor for www.arvernebythesea.com official blog. In this article he revealed tips he is using for his internet marketing campaign.
Photo taken from Flick with CC license. Author: jmoneyyyyyyy